What we do
- Annual Wings of Angels Auction
- Cool Waters Pool Party
- 10% of West 3 Spice Rub profits go to WOA
- Al’s Run: Team Carsyn
- Lunches for the families in the West 3 CICU at CHW
- Provide craft bags for siblings who have to be at the hospital with their parents while their brother or sister is in the hospital.
- Purchased new white boards for every room for parents and medical staff to use as a way of improving communication.
Annual Wings of Angels Auction
March 6th, 2010 was the first annual Wings of Angels auction held at the Sheraton Hotel in Brookfield, WI. There was a formal dinner, live and silent auction and lots of fun was had by all! Doctors, nurses, heart families and supporters of CHW attended and raised over $30,000 for the CICU at CHW in honor of Carsyn!
Join us Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010, for the 33rd Briggs & Al’s Run & Walk for Children’s Hospital. This event has raised more than $11 million dollars with the help of outstanding community support. In 2009, more than 14,500 participants raised approximately $1 million for Children’s Hospital. Be a part of one of Milwaukee’s longest running traditions!
To sign up, go to the als run website and register under Team Carsyn. Password is Carsyn.
In 2009, Team Carsyn had the most members at 147!
Dinners for CICU
Every Friday, we are providing dinners for the families in the West 3 Cardiac Intensive Care Unit where Carsyn spent her entire life.
There are 24 rooms in the unit and usually at least one parent and/or caregiver is present for each child. Please consider providing a meal for about 30+ people. We know how isolating spending time can be on the West 3 unit. We call it the ICU Coma. It is very lonely and often times difficult to get away for a meal. This provides a meal and hopefully a bit of commaraderie for the families.